Moves are characterised as moving a patient starting with one level surface then onto the next, for example, from a bed to a cot. Sorts of emergency clinic moves incorporate bed to cot, bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to seat, and wheelchair to latrine, as well as the other way around.
A bed to cot move requires at least three to four individuals, contingent upon the size of the patient and the size and strength of the medical services suppliers. Patients who require this kind of move are by and large stable or intensely sick and might not be able to help with the exchange.
Steps to transferring a patient
1. Continuously foreordain the quantity of staff expected to evenly securely move a patient.
2. Make sense of what will occur and how the patient can help (wrap jaw up, keep hands on chest).
3. Raise bed to safe working level. Lower head of bed and side rails.
Position the patient nearest to the side of the bed where the cot will be set.
Safe working level is at abdomen level for the most brief medical care supplier.
The patient should be situated accurately before the exchange to abstain from stressing and coming to.
May require extra medical services suppliers to shift patient aside from the bed.
4. Turn the patient over and place a slider board mostly under the patient, framing an extension between the bed and the cot.
Put the sheet on top of the slider board. The sheet is utilised to slide patients over to the cot.
The patient is gotten back to the recumbent position.
Patient’s feet are situated on the slider board.
The slider board should be situated as an extension between the two surfaces.
The sheet should be between the patient and the slider board to diminish grinding among the patient and board.
5. Position cot next to the bed as an afterthought nearest to the patient, with cot somewhat lower. Apply brakes.
6. The guardian on the opposite side of the bed puts their hands under the patient’s hip and shoulder region with lower arms laying on bed.
7. The assigned pioneer will count 1, 2, 3, and begin the move.
8. The two parental figures will move off the cot and stand along the edge and handle the sheet, keeping elbows wrapped up.
9. Simultaneously, the guardian on the opposite side slides the slider board free from the patient.
10. Supplant cushion under head, guarantee patient is agreeable, and cover the patient with sheets.
11. Lower bed and lock brakes, raise side rails as required, and guarantee call chime is reachable.
Perform hand cleanliness.
Setting the hospital transfer bed and side rails in a protected position diminishes the probability of injury to the patient. Legitimate arrangement of call ringer works with the patient’s capacity to request help.
Bed in most minimal position, side rail up, call chime reachable
Bed in most reduced position, side rail up, call chime reachable
Hand cleanliness diminishes the spread of microorganisms.